- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012
- 300 MHz processor
- 256 MB RAM
- 50 MB of Hard Disk space
ZIP Format (WinZip)
Windows installation notes
Important : It is recommended to close all other applications before proceeding with the installation.
The reason is because the installer set up the barcode fonts by copying the files into the Windows fonts (C:\Windows\Fonts) directory. Some software applications may be using Windows fonts and this may block the Copy process. If you are in the middle of the installation process and notice that the installation has stalled, simply shut down other applications to let the installation resume.
Windows Server installation notes
For Windows Server 2003, 2008 or 2012, it is recommended that you choose "No" when the installer requests to setup the fonts for you automatically. After the installation, follow the steps below to setup the fonts for your server.
- Click on the Start button and click Run.
- Enter the following command : %windir%\fonts
- Click OK.
- On the File menu, click on Install New Font
- In the Folders box, click the folder that contains the font that you want to add, and then click OK. ConnectCode Barcode Fonts is by default installed in the directory C:\Program Files\ConnectCode (or ConnectCodeTrial)
- In the List of fonts box, click the font that you want to add. You can add all ttf (TrueType fonts) files in the ConnectCode directory. To select more than one font at a time, press and hold the CTRL key while you select each font.
- Click to select the Copy Fonts To Fonts Folder check box.
- Click OK.
Problem (Usually rare)
If you get the following error when running the Font Encoder:
"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect."
Install the Microsoft Visual Studio Redistributable Package.