Download ConnectCode Trial (v11.8)
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11 or
- Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2019
- 300 MHz processor
- 256 MB RAM
- 100 MB of Hard Disk space
End User License Agreement
ZIP Format (.exe Installer for Windows XP - Windows 11 and Windows Server)
- ConnectCodeTrialSetup.zip - Recommended
MSIX Bundle (Windows 11 Only)
- MSIX Installer. Simply double click on the file to install.
- Troubleshoot Installation
Where are the Font files?
This package includes raw fonts that you can copy into third-party applications, for example, a graphics designer. If you install in the default folder of Windows, you can find the fonts in the following:
- True Type Fonts - .ttf in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ConnectCode" folder.
- Open Type Fonts - .otf in "OpenType" subfolder.
- PostScript Fonts - .pfa/.pfb in "postscript" subfolder.
- Web Open Font Format Fonts - .woff in "Resource\webfonts" subfolder.
- Web Open Font Format 2 Fonts - .woff2 in "Resource\WOFF2\fonts" subfolder.
Both types of installers will be made available for download upon purchase.
Overview of what the .exe installer does
- Install the Barcode Font Encoder on your system. The Font Encoder is a software application that generates barcodes using fonts.
- Install .Net DLL, Excel formulas, Crystal Reports formulas, Java libraries and development samples into the Resource subfolder.
- Install True Type fonts on to your system with your permission. During installation you will be prompted whether to allow the installer to copy the fonts into your "C:\Windows\Fonts" folder automatically.
Uninstall Instructions for the .exe installer
- On your system, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\ConnectCodeTrial" or the location where the software is installed.
- Double click on Uninstall.exe.
- Click on the "Yes" button followed by the "Uninstall" button. This will uninstall all the fonts and software on your system.
Windows installation notes
Important : It is recommended to close all other applications before proceeding with the installation.
The reason is because the installer set up the barcode fonts by copying the files into the Windows fonts (C:\Windows\Fonts) directory. Some software applications may be using Windows fonts and this may block the Copy process. If you are in the middle of the installation process and notice that the installation has stalled, simply shut down other applications to let the installation resume.
Windows Server installation notes
For Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 or 2019, it is recommended that you choose "No" when the installer requests to setup the fonts for you automatically. After the installation, follow the steps below to setup the fonts for your server.
- Click on the Start button and click Run.
- Enter the following command : %windir%\fonts
- Click OK.
- On the File menu, click on Install New Font
- In the Folders box, click the folder that contains the font that you want to add, and then click OK. ConnectCode Barcode Fonts is by default installed in the directory C:\Program Files\ConnectCode (or ConnectCodeTrial)
- In the List of fonts box, click the font that you want to add. You can add all ttf (TrueType fonts) files in the ConnectCode directory. To select more than one font at a time, press and hold the CTRL key while you select each font.
- Click to select the Copy Fonts To Fonts Folder check box.
- Click OK.
Problem (Usually rare)
If you get the following error when running the Font Encoder:
"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect."
Install the Microsoft Visual Studio Redistributable Package.
Which installer will I receive when I purchase?
You will receive both the .exe and .msixbundle installers.
Troubleshoot MSIX Installation (Usually rare)
If you get any errors when running the MSIX Installer.
- On Windows, go to Windows Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Enable Developer Mode - Install apps from any source.
This is usually not required. You can also turn off Developer Mode after installing the package.