Barcode Fonts DLL Integration with Windows Presentation Foundation (C#)
TestFont_WPF is a C# project written in the .NET 3 framework that demonstrates the integration of the ConnectCode dynamic link library. The source code for TestFont_WPF is provided in the download below and requires Visual Studio 2005 or later to compile.
The following is a screenshot of the sample in Vista.
Dowload the TestFont_WPF.zip executable and source code.
The ConnectCode Barcode Fonts DLL and the source for the TestFont_WPF sample are free to use and can be compiled and distributed with users' applications as long as they are being used with any one of the registered barcode font packs. Redistribution of ConnectCode's fonts will, however, require a Distribution or Unlimited Distribution License.
Additional Requirements -
The following needs to be installed on the user's machine for successful compilation and execution.
- The .NET 3 Framework SDK
- The .NET 3 Framework Runtime
- The Trial Version of ConnectCode Barcode Font Pack
Steps for integrating the DLL with Windows Presentation Foundation (C#)
1) Make sure the namespace System.Runtime.InteropServices is imported into your project
2) Copy the DLLImport statements for connectcodefont.dll into your project.
3) Make calls to the DLL to encode the input data. For example
StringBuilder outputstr = new StringBuilder(2048);
inputstr = "12345678";
Encode_Code128Auto(inputstr, outputstr, outputstr.Capacity);
The result will be stored in the outputstr variable.
4) Set the font of outputstr to the appropriate barcode font. For example, if you are using Encode_Code128Auto, then the font to choose should be CCode128_S3. (If you are developing with the Trial version of ConnectCode Font Pack, the font to choose would be CCCode128_S3_Trial instead)The TestFont_WPF sample includes all the above steps in a short and easy to understand program. Note that the barcodes generated with the Trial version of ConnectCode Font Pack will have horizontal lines across them.